> Graphic Designer
For a PDF printer-friendly version of this listing, click here.
Graphic Designer Print and Web, FT (55K-65K); Urban Planning Firm
Dyett & Bhatia (www.dyettandbhatia.com) is a 22-person urban planning consulting firm, with a focus on preparing long-range plans for cities, and an award-winning portfolio of work. Our office is located in the vibrant, historic Jackson Square District in downtown San Francisco, easily reached by transit, with scores of restaurants and cafés within walking distance.
This position is for lead graphic designer for the firm. It is for someone with a keen design sense who is able to do high-end and polished work, ability to meet deadlines, has excellent communication skills, a strong work ethic, efficient, and attention to detail. Position carries four primary responsibilities:
- Design and desktop publish reports (25-200 pages), marketing materials, brochures, newsletters, flyers, and large-format presentation boards integrating text, graphs, maps, and photos (this will be majority of work) in InDesign
- Prepare maps and drawings using Illustrator
- Create and manage websites
- Manage occasional marketing emails
Additional responsibilities include:
- Manage print vendors
- Interact with clients and staff teams
- Manage the company’s identity and website
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum three years experience in design and production of print, web media, and presentation materials
- Strong knowledge of page layout, information design, typography, UI design
- Expertise in Adobe CS (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat)
- Expertise in HTML and CSS with working knowledge of WordPress
- Expertise in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to work with different levels of staff and clients. Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Previous experience in cartography, planning, landscape, or architectural office helpful
DOE. We offer a full range of benefits, including medical insurance, transit subsidy, and a contributory retirement plan.
While we are looking for someone full time, we are willing to consider exceptional candidates at slightly reduced schedule (75 to 90% time).
Email resume (in PDF only), cover letter/email, and work samples or portfolio link to email@example.com. No phone calls please. The position is open until filled.