Graphic Designer + Marketing Coordinator
Dyett & Bhatia is a 20-person urban planning firm, with a focus on preparing long-range plans for cities, and an award-winning portfolio of work. Our office is located in the heart of vibrant downtown Oakland, directly adjacent to the 12th Street BART Station.
Position and Responsibilities
This position combines leading graphic design (print and media) for the firm, as well as coordinating and preparing marketing proposals. The ideal candidate will be an InDesign expert, with excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, and a keen design aesthetic, with ability to meet deadlines. This is not a simple design production position; candidate should be able to take initiative, lead and coordinate, and manage assignments.
Position carries three primary responsibilities:
- Design and desktop publish reports (25-300 pages), newsletters, flyers, and large-format presentation boards integrating text, graphs, maps, and photos (approximately 45% time)
- Coordinate and prepare marketing proposals, integrating information from multiple sources and people (approximately 40% time)
- Create and manage websites for planning projects, as well as manage the company’s website (approximately 10% time)
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- Minimum two years’ experience (more experience is desirable) in design and production of print, web media, and presentation materials
- Strong knowledge of page layout, information design, typography, UI design
- Mastery of InDesign; strong expertise in other Adobe CS software (Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat)
- Expertise in HTML, CSS, and WordPress
- Expertise in MS Office Suite
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to work with different levels of staff and clients. Excellent command of written and spoken English (native level fluency is required)
- Previous marketing experience or work experience in a planning, landscape, or architectural office helpful
Salary and Benefits
Annual salary $55,000 to $65,000 start DOE, plus benefits, including vacation/sick leave, paid holidays, medical insurance, and company contribution to IRA.
How to Apply
Email resume and work examples in PDF only to email@example.com. Limit attachments to 10 MB. The position is open until filled.