Graphic Designer + Marketing Coordinator
Dyett & Bhatia is a leading 20-person urban planning firm, with a focus on preparing long-range plans for cities, and an award-winning portfolio of work. Our office is located in the heart of vibrant downtown Oakland, directly adjacent to the 12th Street BART Station. Our current assignments include some of the most interesting and challenging planning work for cities throughout California, including general and specific plans, area plans, zoning regulations, and environmental review.
Position and Responsibilities
This position combines leading graphic design for the firm, as well as coordinating and preparing marketing proposals. The ideal candidate will have strong expertise in InDesign, as well as excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, and be highly responsible and able to meet deadlines. This is not a simple design production position; candidate should be able to take initiative, lead and coordinate, and manage assignments. Responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate and prepare marketing materials and proposals integrating information from multiple sources and previous firm projects
- Maintain up-to-date firm resumes, project descriptions, and contact databases
- Design and desktop publish reports (25-300 pages), newsletters, flyers, and large-format presentation boards integrating text, graphs, maps, and photos
- Create various infographics and project logos
- Create and manage websites for planning projects, as well as manage the company’s website (approx. 10% time)
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- Minimum two years’ experience (more experience is desirable) in design and production of print and presentation materials
- Knowledge of page layout, formatting, information design, typography, UI design
- Strong expertise in InDesign; expertise in other Adobe CS software (Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat)
- Writing, editing, and communication skills
- Expertise in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Expertise in WordPress, HTML, and CSS
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Previous marketing or work experience in A/E/C industry desirable
Salary and Benefits
Salary DOE. We offer a full range of benefits, including vacation/sick leave, paid holidays, medical insurance, and company contribution to IRA.
How to Apply
Email resume and any work examples in PDF only to email@example.com. Limit attachments to 10 MB. The position is open until filled.