Dyett & Bhatia is a 20-person urban planning consulting firm, with a focus on preparing long-range plans for cities. We are located in the Jackson Square District (@ Sansome/Pacific streets) of downtown San Francisco, easily reached by transit.
Position and Responsibilities
This is a high-energy position for a self-starter with advanced word processing skills, with primary responsibility of preparing high quality, polished documents (often several hundred pages long) using Microsoft Word and Adobe InDesign. Candidates must have excellent editing, grammar, and verbal communication skills; expertise with the full Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe InDesign; “can do” attitude; and commitment to meeting deadlines.
Responsibilities would include:
- Prepare and coordinate documents with high level of graphic, mapping, and photographic content, working with planners and cartographers. Maintain versions, ensure quality control, proof and edit
- Provide support for planning projects—prepare PowerPoint presentations, charts and graphs using Excel, transcribe meeting notes, assist with public workshops, organize materials, gather data, etc.
- Manage printing, vendors, and delivery of products
- Administrative support (approximately 10-15% time)
Candidates must have a BA and minimum one year of similar work experience, and be authorized to work in the United States.
This is a great position for someone who wants to gain exposure to urban planning; a significant portion of position holders go on to graduate urban planning programs. Candidates with a degree in architecture or another design field, or a good eye and interest in urban planning, are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Strong expertise in Microsoft Word (styles, formatting, and templates, creating tables of content and indices, picture and object inserts, and interplay among Office suite programs) and Adobe InDesign
- Expertise in other MS Office programs, including PowerPoint and Excel
- Keen attention to detail and excellent time management
- Ability to manage large (200+ page) reports and documents, working closely with planners, graphic designers, and cartographers
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
Expertise in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop; Sketch Up and computer drawing ability
Salary and Benefits
Starting base salary range from $47,000 to $52,000 + benefits, DOE. We offer a full range of benefits, including paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, medical insurance, and a retirement plan.
How to Apply
Email cover letter/email and resume in PDF only to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. The position is open until filled.