This position will focus on physical planning and urban design. Current assignments include specific plans for station areas, downtowns, corridors, and community plans. Projects are located throughout California and offer extraordinary opportunities to directly shape the urban environment through transformative assignments with public agencies as clients.
The ideal candidate will blend urban design expertise with strong writing and interpersonal skills. Work will involve integrating design and planning; creating computer models, drawings and maps; writing reports and plans; facilitating community workshops and making presentations; as well as interacting with clients and managing sub-consultants. This is not a “production” position; urban designers at Dyett & Bhatia take initiative and think creatively.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
Candidates should have:
- Degree in architecture, or city planning with an urban design component
- Practical experience in urban design or planning. The hiring level is open, and we welcome experienced candidates for mid- to senior-level appointments
- Excellent design/physical planning abilities
- Excellent computer modeling abilities (SketchUp); familiarity with AutoCAD
- Expertise with Adobe CS
- Strong writing and effective communication skills
- Working knowledge of ArcGIS and hand-drawing ability are desirable
Salary And Benefits
Competitive salary. Comprehensive benefits, including health and disability insurance, retirement plan match, and profit sharing.
About Dyett & Bhatia
Dyett & Bhatia is an award-winning planning and design firm, leading some of the most selective and high-profile planning and urban design consulting assignments for California cities. We are a close-knit team of multi-disciplinary professionals based in vibrant Downtown Oakland, next to the 12th Street BART Station.
How To Apply
Email resume and work samples/portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.