Dyett & Bhatia traces its roots to Livingston & Blayney, City and Regional Planners, established in 1955 by Lawrence Livingston, a graduate of Yale Law School and city planning from MIT, and John Blayney, an architect and member of one of the first graduating classes in city planning at U.C. Berkeley. They laid the foundation for much of urban planning as we see it today, especially in California. Dyett & Bhatia was established in 1976, as John Blayney Associates. Over the years D&B’s name has changed, reflecting principal structure; it was known as Blayney Dyett through the 1980s and early 1990s, transitioning to Dyett & Bhatia in 1996.
Our work continues to evolve in response to changing concerns of urbanism; however, our underlying commitment to creativity, excellence, and shaping livable and sustainable places remains unwavering.